Permit Applications are needed in the City for a variety of reasons. To name a few: to hang banners, a special event that closes streets such as a parade, closing a street or sidewalk for various reasons, selling food from a truck or trailer in the City, Building and Zoning Permits, or Engineering Permits. All forms can be found on this page with just a few clicks.
Permit Applications can be downloaded or picked up at City Hall; however, the completed form must be returned to City Hall Administration Building, 631 Perry Street, Defiance, Ohio along with proper payment (if applicable) to be processed, reviewed, and approved/denied by City officials.
The City of Defiance reserves the right to reject and/or amend any permit issued.
Banner Permit Application:
- Display banners legally to advertise upcoming events. Banner permits are required before placing the banner and placed only two weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Three locations: Diehl Park facing Ralston Avenue, Kingsbury Park facing East Second Street, and the viaduct at South Clinton Street and Williams Street
- There are 34 downtown street lights available for banner use and requires a $100 fee to install the banners.
- Return the completed form to City Hall, 631 Perry Street, along with the banner(s) to Christy Feeney.
Building and Zoning Permits / Applications:
Engineering Application / Permits / Forms:
- City permission is needed to close a street(s), sidewalk, park, or parking lot for a special event, parade, car show/cruise-in, race, or festival, etc. in the City.
- Contractors will use this Event Permit for sidewalk and/or street closures.
- Return the completed form to Connie Seimet at City Hall, 631 Perry Street at least 14 working days prior to the event.
- For yearly events, please submit the permit form as soon as you know the logistics.
Food Truck Permit & Annual Registration:
- Food Truck Vendors must follow state, county, and city regulations regarding mobile food licenses and inspections.
- Return the completed form to Christy Feeney at City Hall, 631 Perry Street. A packet of information will be given to you once approved, along with a Permit Sticker. Please fill out the Fire Inspection Form 2022 (PDF).
- More information on Temporary and Mobile Food Businesses and be found at the Defiance County General Health District Guidelines.