The Fort Grounds is located at 320 Fort Street and situated on the confluence of the Maumee and Auglaize Rivers. The Carnegie Library (Defiance Public Library) is also located on the Fort Grounds.
Fort Defiance, in the heart of a populous Indian Nation, was erected by General Anthony Wayne in 1794. The grounds of Fort Defiance, immortalized by "Mad" Anthony Wayne: in his successful campaign against the Indians, have been preserved and protected throughout the 117 years since Defiance was incorporated.
Aerial photos courtesy of Williams Aerial.