DECLARATION OF SNOW EMERGENCY/PARKING BAN
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2020
Pursuant to Codified Ordinance 351.16, the Mayor hereby declares a snow emergency/parking ban on:
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2020 beginning at 11 pm.
To facilitate the movement of traffic and permit efficient snow removal operations, parking is prohibited on the following downtown streets from
11:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 6, 2020 until 7:00 a.m on Friday, February 7, 2020:
- Jackson Street between First Street and Fifth Street
- Perry Street between First Street and Fifth Street
- Clinton Street between Fort Street and Arabella Street
- Wayne Avenue between Fort Street and Fifth Street
- First Street between Wayne Avenue and Jackson Street
- Second Street between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Street
- Third Street between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Street
- Fourth Street between Jefferson Avenue and Perry Street
- Fifth Street between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Street
Any vehicle parked on a designated street after 11:00 p.m. THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2020 shall be removed and impounded at the owner’s expense and the owner shall be subject to a fine of $25.00.
Merchants in the downtown area are encouraged to shovel sidewalk snow to the parking lane so City crews can remove the snow during this parking ban. The City will reassess the situation and a subsequent parking ban may be called for the removal of additional snow as needed.
Mayor McCann expresses his gratitude to the community for its patience and cooperation during this process.
Citizens are encouraged to sign up for the NIXLE notification system to receive information such as this as quickly as possible.