Directors: Cathy Booth and Scott Rogers
THE DEFIANCE COMMUNITY BAND BOARD
- President: Lonnie Warncke
- Vice-President: Joe Ashemeier
- Treasurer: Tamara Higgins
- Secretary: Diana Harbaugh
- Property/Logistics: Trevor Hug
- Media/Marketing/Advertising: Erin Redick
- Social Events/Tickets: Linda Schatz
ABOUT THE BAND
The band is primarily made up of adults who enjoy playing an instrument. They vary in talent from very refined skills of music educators to individuals relearning their skills after some time away from an instrument. In age, we range from retired people to talented high school students who have been encouraged by their band directors to join the group to enhance their musical experience. We have members not only from Defiance, but from throughout northwest Ohio. If you would like join us, please contact us by email or speak with one of the directors.
- June 2, 2022 at 7:30 pm: Free Concert at Kingsbury Park. Bring a chair.
- November 8, 2022 at 7:30 pm: Veterans Concert at Defiance High School gymnasium. Concert is free admission.
- December 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm: Christmas Concert at Defiance Community Auditorium. Concert is free admission.
- March 19, 2022 at 7:00 pm: Cabaret Concert at the Defiance High School gymnasium. “Night at the Movies” pops-style concert featuring soloists Kirsten Coffman and Teresa Disbrow. Finger food will be provided. Tickets are $10 each. Contact Linda Schatz 419-769-4808 or Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 3, 2022 at 7:30 pm: Spring Concert at the Defiance High School gymnasium. Concert is free admission.
Rehearsals: All rehearsals are held at the Defiance High School band room from 7:00-8:30 pm.
Fall season: Every Tuesday starting September 13, 2022.
Winter/Spring season: Every Tuesday starting January 17, 2023.
The band is supported by the City of Defiance through the Defiance Community Cultural Council and Defiance Development and Visitors Bureau. In addition, there are corporate and individual donors. If you would like to be a donor, please contact the treasurer at email@example.com.
Donation levels are:
Concert Underwriter: $2,000
Director’s Level: $1,000
Overture Level: $500 – $999
Finale Level: $100 – $499
Coda Level: $25 – $99