Defiance County General Health District
1300 East Second Street, Suite 100, Defiance, Ohio 43512
Phone 419-784-3818 Fax 419-782-4979
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 29, 2020
Contact: Rachelle Kuhn, PIO
1300 E. Second St., Ste. 100
Defiance, OH. 43512
COVID-19 Pop-up Testing Event in Defiance County
OCTOBER 29, 2020: A COVID-19 pop-up testing site will be available in Defiance County on Friday, October 30th from 1:00pm to 6:00pm at the George M. Smart Athletic Center 1000 Webster Street Defiance, Ohio
Anyone can get a no-cost test at this event, which is a partnership between Defiance County General Health District, Defiance College, the Ohio National Guard, and the Ohio Department of Health.
- No appointment necessary
- A health care provider referral is not needed
- Quantities may be limited
- Facial Coverings are required
- Minors (17 and under) will need signed consent of a parent/guardian
Test results are typically available within 2-3 days, but may take longer. Stay home until test results are returned if you have had COVID-19 symptoms or you have suspected or known exposure to the virus. Monitor your health and call your health care provider if you develop symptoms.
Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, will be contacted by their local health department from which they reside.
- DCGHD website: http://defiancecohealth.org/coronavirus/
- Ohio Department of Health website: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov