Visit this link from the Ohio Department of Health’s Live Interactive Dashboard on Ohio Counties effected:
COVID-19 LINK TO A LIVE OHIO DASHBOARD
Governor Mike DeWine holds LIVE Press Conferences daily at 2:00 p.m. Watch if interested. Watch here
A gentle, but firm reminder to the community from Mayor Mike McCann:
We are in this TOGETHER, Defiance! I am asking ALL citizens to take this virus seriously and obey Governor DeWine’s Stay At Home Order and practice social distancing at all times, even when grocery shopping or picking up prescriptions.
On Sunday, March 22, 2020, under the direction of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton, M.D., MPH issued a director’s order to require all Ohioans to stay in their homes to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 beginning at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, March 23, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on April 6, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Stay-At-Home Order here: COVID-19 – FAQ’s
Use personal prevention protection methods at all times:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Keep soap, hand sanitizer, and tissues on hand. Make them easily accessible at home and carry with you when possible.
- Keep household cleaning spray or wipes readily available. Always use according to label instructions.
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces daily. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them.
- Don’t share personal items such as water bottles.
FROM THE DEFIANCE COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT (DCGHD): Click on the links below to get the FACTS.
DCGHD is working in collaboration with the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health and are actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-2019) outbreak originating in Wuhan, China.
Steps you can take to prevent the spread of flu and common cold will also help prevent Coronavirus.
PLEASE READ THIS FOR YOUR AWARENESS and UPDATES from DCGHD.