2021 Community Events and City Dates:
Defiance’s Community Calendar: visitdefianceohio.com/events/
Details on Community Events:
- Bike, Hike, Run, Walk, Boat, Canoe, Kayak, and Fish: Maps and Trails in Defiance, Ohio
- Defiance Development & Visitors Bureau (DDVB): Visit the DDVB for more information
- Defiance Community Cultural Council (DCCC): Visit the DCCC for more information
- Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce Event Calendar
- Things to do in OHIO: Ohio. Find It Here!
- Northwest Ohio Living – Read the HAPPENINGS Magazine! Lots of good information!
- United Way of Defiance County: Visit for more information!
2021 City Dates:
- Friday August 6, 2021: Maumee Valley Car Club Cruise In and Alive After 5 in Downtown Defiance 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. 2021 Flyer Details!
- Saturday, August 7, 2021: Hot Air Balloon Festival – Schedule of Events!
- Thursday, August 12, 2021: Music at Triangle Park ~ “James LeBlanc & The Winchesters” from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Clinton and Arabella Streets
- Saturday, August 14, 2021: RIVER FEST at Pontiac Park ~ Celebrating our water resources.
- Saturday, August 21, 2021 through Saturday, August 28, 2021: Defiance County Fair, Hicksville, Ohio
- Thursday, August 26, 2021: “Coffee with a Cop” ~ 8:00 a.m. at Defiance College, Hubbard Hall McCann Center, 701 North Clinton Street
- Friday, August 28, 2021: Maumee Valley Car Club 36th Annual Car Show – Downtown Defiance 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 2021 Car Show Flyer
- Monday, September 6, 2021: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of Labor Day. Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. This year marks the 126th anniversary of Labor Day being celebrated as a national holiday.
- Saturday, September 25, 2021: Rib Fest in Downtown Defiance DETAILS HERE!
- Monday, October 11, 2021: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of Columbus Day.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021: Witches Brew for CASA
- Thursday, October 28, 2021: Defiance Trick or Treat Night, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 30, 2021: The Lions Club Annual Halloween Parade, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday-Friday, November 25-26, 2021: City of Defiance Offices are closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
- Thursday-Friday, December 23-24, 2021: City of Defiance Offices are closed in observance of Christmas Eve/Day
Thursday-Friday, December 30-31, 2021: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of New Year’s Eve/Day
- Saturday, January 1, 2022: HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE EMPLOYEES at the City of Defiance!
Monday, January 3, 2022: City of Defiance Offices Re-Open
- Monday, January 17, 2022: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day observed. City Offices will be open.
- Monday, February 21, 2022: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of President’s Day
- TBD: The Compost Site OPENS TODAY!! DETAILS ON HOURS AND TIMES OPEN
- TBD: Riverside Cemetery Clean-Up Week.
- Food Truck Vendor Reminder: Welcome Back!! If you are using City streets, sidewalks, or right-of-way be sure you have your permit beforehand. You may obtain the paperwork at City Hall.
- TBD Saturday, April 2021: 25th Annual Clean Up Your Parks Day! 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 28, 2022: Chocolate Walk in downtown Defiance
- May 2022: Defiance Splash Park OPENING! 9:00 a.m. to dusk
- Friday, May 6, 2022: Hall of Fame Ceremony at 7:00 p.m. at the Stroede Center for the Arts
- Saturday, May 14, 2022: Lilac Festival and Street Fair, Downtown Defiance from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 30, 2022: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of Memorial Day.
- Monday, May 30, 2022: City of Defiance Memorial Day Event, Riverside Cemetery, Veterans Section
- Week of June TBD, 2022: Defiance Water Division’s Water Main Flushing
- Thursday afternoons June through August 2022: Farmers’ Market in downtown Defiance begins at 4:30 pm on East Third Street between Clinton Street and the State Bank Alley. This will continue every Thursday through August.
- Farmers’ Market: Every Thursday in June through August 2022: Downtown Defiance at 4:30 p.m. on East Third Street between Clinton Street and the State Bank Alley.
- Friday, July 1, 2022: FIREWORKS!! at Kingsbury Park area with carnival rides, musical entertainment, and delicious food starting at 2:00 p.m.! The Fireworks will be at dusk. Kingsbury Pool will be closed on July 1, 2021 due to all of these activities taking place at Kingsbury Park.
- Monday, July 4, 2021: City of Defiance Offices Closed in observance of Independence Day.
- July , 2022: Jazz Festival at Kingsbury Park
- Saturday, July , 2022: RIVER FEST at Pontiac Park ~ Celebrating our water resources.